There is nothing more rewarding than helping out pets in need. The best part is the wagging tails and purrs. Volunteering to help out a cause not only strengthens the community, but also provides great sense of satisfaction. Here are 8 great ways to help out pets!
- Bring someone a smile. Volunteer with your pet. Your pet can get certified through a therapy program. Consider the joy it would bring an elderly person to visit with your dog or help a shy first grader out of his shell when he reads to a non-judgmental dog.
- Become a foster pet parent. Provide a loving, caring home to pregnant and nursing cats, underweight puppies and kittens and recovering dogs and cats or pets who need an in-between home before their forever home.
- Volunteer at a shelter or non-profit organization. This will give those pets a better quality of life.
- Support Spay and Neuter programs. Staff events, fundraisers, and provide attention to pets recovering from anesthesia.
- Run with your dog. Look into dog-friendly races. Proceeds from these events usually go to local pet charities and animal welfare organizations.
- Help out on adoption day. Check into your local shelter on how you can be of assistance on staffing pet adoption events.
- Volunteer at a wildlife rescue.
- Donate to animal charity. Many organizations need supplies and funds to fill a need, whether it be blankets, towels, food, kitty litter, or cleaning supplies. Check to see what your local shelter needs